Thursday, May 9, 2013

Graduation Things

Well, its Spring! More specifically, its May, which means two things: graduations and weddings. Last weekend and this weekend are filled with graduation festivities, then the next few weekends are dedicated to weddings.
Success and love are both in the air people.
Last weekend was eventful.
Thursday was spent like this:

We laid around in the park on campus for a few hours before I had to head to work.



After work on Friday night, we went and picked up our little "brother" (given this term in England when we all lived together) from the airport. He's finally back, after spending the entire semester in D.C. We are all super excited to have him back! He's been living on my couch, so I get to see him as much as I like.
Anyways, Saturday morning was graduation for my alma mater, and I knew around ten people who were graduating, so we all woke up early and watched the broadcast on tv while getting pretty for the graduation festivities. Like the stealthy people we are, we showed up outside the doors of the ceremony right after it ended. This conveniently enabled to take pictures as if we had been there the whole time (see what we did there?). Unfortunately, it was raining. Like, a LOT of rain. It was really crowded and there was only a small covering, and everyone had huge umbrellas and....shew, it was intense. Pushing through all of those people was very stressful.

I went to Olive Garden in Chattanooga afterwards with about 20 family members of my friend Nicole, who graduated.

And after that, we all napped. On couches, floors, wherever.


Then, the party began. We danced, talked, socialized, played games, oh and enjoyed this fantastic cake:



Shwattttt? Yep, thats a cake. It was so delicious, even though it was so awesome looking I really didn't want to eat it at all. Yummm I want more right now just thinking about it.

Anyways, after driving home from Georgia (where the party was) I went to bed immediately. It was a long day. Sunday was spent relaxing and then going to work (why am I always working?!).

So there's the weekend, maybe I'll catch up on my week here in the next few days. But today is not that day, and I have real work I need to do.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment